Det er ganske normalt, at Nikon umiddelbart efter lanceringen af et nyt kamera frigiver een til flere såkaldte "firmware" opdateringer, der har til formål at rette mindre ikke mekaniske funktionsfejl i kameraet.
Firmware v.1.02 til Nikon D4 retter op på følgende punkter:
- Format memory card can now be added to My Menu
- Gamut for Adobe RGB images displayed in the camera's monitor has now been changed
- The stability of network connections when the FTP upload option is selected has been increased
- When recording movies using a lens with an aperture ring in [P] or [S] exposure mode, and Aperture ring selected for Custom Setting f10: Customize command dials > Aperture setting, the minimum aperture was applied. This issue has been resolved
- When a still image captured during movie recording with 1920 ×1080; 30 fps; crop, 1920 × 1080; 25 fps; crop, or 1920 × 1080; 24 fps; crop selected for Movie settings > Frame size/frame rate and Live frame grab selected for Custom Setting g4: Assign shutter button was displayed in Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the position of the focus point displayed differed from actual recording position. This issue has been resolved
- An issue that caused the camera to freeze when attempting to format a memory card (setup menu > Format memory card) while the camera was connected to a network in HTTP server mode has been resolved